(Note: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, and we may be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links at no additional cost to you.)
My friend and I were looking through a Baker’s supermarket mini recipe magazine and saw a recipe for quinoa crusted fish. We had never heard of that, but since I love quinoa, I thought I’d attempt something similar! It was pretty easy to make, and it turned out delicious! This is how I made my version:
- Quinoa (1 cup or less)
- Chia Seeds
- Fresh Fish (I used Trout this time)
- 2 Eggs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A little Salt, Pepper, or Fish Seasoning
- Mango Salsa (or make your own with fresh mango!)
- Cook your Quinoa first by following the instructions on the bag. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Once your Quinoa is cooked, pour & stir in as many Chia Seeds as you would like into it and put the mixture in a large bowl.
- Get a large skillet pan ready on the stove at medium to medium high heat. (Also, get a large baking dish out and ready for later.) Beat your eggs in a separate bowl. Pour a little bit of the Olive Oil into the skillet.
- Take your Fish and dip it in the eggs first. Then, push the egg-coated fish in the Quinoa/Chia Seed mixture. Make sure it is covered nicely. (After I put my fish in the quinoa mix, I held it and loaded a little more on!)
- Take your quinoa coated fish and quickly place the quinoa coated side face down in the skillet and cover. Let it cook for a few minutes or so to make it crispy.
- Lift it out of the skillet with a spatula and flip it over, laying it into your baking dish with the quinoa side up. (Follow the same steps for your other fish fillets.)
- Once all of your fish fillets are in the baking dish, you can sprinkle some salt, pepper or fish seasoning on top and pop it in the oven. Make sure you bake until the fish is fully cooked. I think this took at least 25 minutes in my oven (check your fish using a fork to make sure that it looks done and flakey).
Once it is done, you can top it with some mango salsa to make it extra yummy!! Light a candle and enjoy your masterpiece!
I hope you liked this recipe. It would also be great for chicken! Give this a try and share it with your friends! Bon Appetite!!
Do you have any delicious fish recipes? Do you ever add quinoa or chia seeds to your meals or snacks?
(Always check with a doctor first if you are worried about food allergies.)