No products in the cart.
It is my great honor this week to post an article by Miriam of On Top of the World Momma, who is an amazing blogger.
- No matter how long you’ve been running, you always hate the first 2 miles.
- If you start running to lose weight, you might not lose that much, but eventually you don’t care about weight because running has so many, REPEAT, SO MANY unplanned for benefits
- That I’d be SO happy every day
- That I’d feel a sense of immediate solidarity with other runners
- That for real, I’d LOVE and RESPECT my body for what it can do
- That it would change my life, take me places out there and in my heart
- That I’d become a morning runner and just LOVE it
- That no matter how much sunscreen I use I’d have a tan line from my shots all year long. Just when it’s about to fade, summer would be back.
- That pepper spray would be my BEST friend
- That I’d have to redo my wardrobe to accommodate for the new gear
- That I’d live and eat in running clothes
- That I would jump around like a new puppy (in my head) every time I learned someone was a runner and not even bothering holding back the excitement
- That you face and work on your body issues every time you hit the pavement
- That once you make running a part of you life, life is lived in color…..nothing is drab
- That following a training plan religiously is a recipe for injury
- That listening to your body is THE only way to avoid injury
- That learning the weather for the next morning is more important than news
- That you begin to notice all the people, who for whatever reason, can’t run.
- That my muscular, toned legs would surpass my bum, as my most sexy asset (my opinion…I’m allowed.)
- That I’d chew through ‘favorite’ songs super FAST and as a result know all the latest “cool” songs….I’m a teacher and my young students are always impressed by my playlist..little do they know I am looking for new songs weekly
- That you’d start thinking ways to make extra money to pay for that race.
- That most non-runners care nothing about our obsession, so, don’t be weird…..find a runner to talk to about running
- That suddenly magazine subscriptions are IN again
- That a half or a marathon becomes a less daunting challenge pretty fast in this journey
- That you’d get THAT excited seeing other cars with running stickers
- That you can’t help posting on FB about your runs, oh, and that you start not to care who “un-friends” you as a result
What are some of your ideas?