Here is a recipe for a meal that is easy to make, healthy, delicious and only takes 20 minutes of preparation time—there’s nothing like making life easier and saving time!
(This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, and lactose free) Serves 4
- 4 cod fish fillets
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry fennel (optional)
- Red leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the fish fillets on the tray, season fish with salt, pepper and dry fennel, and place 2-3 slices of lemon on each piece of fish. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare the salad by cutting the core from the lettuce. Wash leaves, roll up, finely slice and place in a salad bowl. Peel avocado and slice into chunks, and add avocado chunks and dried cranberries to salad.
- To make dressing, whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Toss dressing through salad just before serving.
- Place a pile of salad on each plate, top with fish and lemon wedges.
Notes: Leave out the fennel/avocado if you don’t think your kids will eat it.
(Always check with a doctor first if you are worried about food allergies.)